What does it mean:
Reflect on what it looks like:
Why Collaborative Learning for Students
Providing students with opportunities to work collaboratively correlates with Danielson's Framework for Effective Teaching in the following areas:
2b ~ Establishing a Culture for Learning
- Students assist their classmates in understanding the content.
- Student correct one another in their use of language.
Read & Learn More:
- Is Peer Teaching on your Classroom Menu?
- Feb. 23 Inservice: Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI)
- Illustrative Mathematics Website
- Teacher / Peer / Self Reflection Sheet: Glows & Grows
- Glowing & Growing Peer Editing Feedback Form
- Collaboration for Personalized Learning
- How Can I Help Students Work Together?
- K-2 Teamwork rubric
- 3-5 Collaboration Rubric (CCSS Aligned)
- 6-12 Collaboration Rubric (CCSS Aligned)
- Framework for Collaborative Learning
- Deeper Learning: A Collaborative Classroom is Key